Saturday 24 September 2011

Americans

Bonjour my little friends, and how are we today?

I've mainly been running on 4 hours sleep and excessive amounts of coffee, so it is safe to say that life as a student is well under way!

Just to fill you in a little with the adventure that is University...I know it's late compared to the rest of the gang but hey, I always was strange.

We drove up Saturday, stopped at Costa (seriously, why does Nero not do service stations?!) and unpacked my things. I brought a LOT of stuff but fortunately there's some sneaky under bed storage because my bed is literally a mattress on a box made of chipboard. Needless to say my back is spazzing out a little about it.

So anyway, my room is vaguely blue themed and I brought with me lots of the silly things I keep at home, like origami birds and a lantern... I've dared to cover the walls in blue tack so some posters and things are displayed on my walls.

I'm living with lots of nice people, none as amazing as ANTONIA. :) I'd like to point out at this point that the draft of this was hacked. Still, none of them are Antonia. It's true.

We've done some fun things like visiting a pub in Camden, cooking together, going to Jason Derulo's birthday party and seeing the British Museum. I may have also spent a large amount of my loan on dresses. They're very pretty though!

I'm currently attempting to do some reading...the first I've began since arriving here. It's not going so well. Twenty pages in and my second cup of tea. I did washing up to keep myself awake...

Anyway, life is good, if not a little strange being in a new place. But, I like it here. It feels kind of like a home.

Au revoir and speak soon

Love x

PS - I am living with two gay american boys which has provided endless entertainment, and I've made good friends with an american girl downstairs too. They don't have beans on toast in the USA. WEIRD!

1 comment: